Yes, Iphone wireless charging inside iphone 4s, no big cover with the circuits.
I got motivated with this video:
Looks really cool and pretty convenient. So After watching this video, I got to shop some items: (all from amazon)
- Back Cover to strip and fit the wireless receaver. Cover @ Amazon
- Charge Port, since I might not get it right the first time and would want to break the original one. Charger Port @ Amazon
- Wireless Charger: Complete kit (Mat and phone kit, it was for a blackberry but the output is the same, and it was dirty cheap). Wireless charger @ Amazon
Also started to investigate about the Iphone port, as to know what pins carry VCC and GND. Thank god to pinouts.ru
According to this video you should use 4 cables... my adaptor only has 2.
- Strip down the reciever and get the board clear out with no conectors, just the cables.
- Strip down a back cover, to have the reciever fit in, since its pretty slim wont take to much space.
- Strip down the parts into layers, theres the outter metalic layer, then theres a plastic layer, and the a metal covering from the inside. All layers are double-side-tape stucked togheter, that means, heat guns/blow dryers can help.
- Cut into the the middle plastic layer to fit the reciever (sorry I didnt take any pictures here)
After a few months working:
I must say, it a really difficult making it work. I totalled my battery trying to make it work.
Making it all fit inside the phone, is a cool idea but.... really hard to do it.
Also the wiring into the charging port.....its really small and precise... thank for I bought a replacement, and didn't broke mine. But also its really hard.